JOINING FROM THE COMMONWEALTH
There are currently limited places being offered to candidates from Commonwealth countries. The Army is focusing initially on processing the Commonwealth candidates who have already applied.
- For a list of Commonwealth countries, please visit thecommonwealth.org
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU APPLY
- It is the responsibility of individual applicants to ensure that they have permission to be in the UK. This must be valid for the entirety of the recruitment and selection process up until the point they are enlisted.
- All applicants must have a passport that is valid for at least 2 years from your start date in the Army.
WHEN YOU JOIN
CAN MY FAMILY JOIN ME?
Yes, your family can join you, as long as:
- You and your family can meet the immigration rules
- You can pay for their visa and travel costs
Make sure that you talk to your recruiter about your immigration circumstances.
For your family to come to the UK, you must meet the minimum income requirement -this is your pay before tax and other deductions are taken out. You might also be able to use savings to help.
The current minimum income requirements to bring in entitled family members are:
- Partner (no children) £18,600
- Partner + 1 child £22,400
- Partner + 2 children £24,800
- Partner + 3 children £27,200
It might take you several years to earn enough to bring your family to the UK.
You'll also need to pay their travel and visa costs. Entry visa costs are changed every April. A visa for 2018/19 costs £1,523 per person.