JOINING FROM THE COMMONWEALTH
Currently there are a limited number of places and roles available in the British Army to candidates from Commonwealth countries. To apply to join one of these roles please begin your application by registering. Once you have registered, we will be in contact with you and progress your application.
For a list of Commonwealth countries, please visit thecommonwealth.org
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU APPLY
- It is the responsibility of individual applicants to ensure that they have permission to be in the UK. This must be valid for the entirety of the recruitment and selection process up until the point they are enlisted
- All applicants must have a passport that is valid for at least 2 years from your start date in the Army
- You must be applying to join the Regular (full time) Army. You cannot join as a Reservist (part time) from the Commonwealth
WHEN YOU JOIN
CAN MY FAMILY JOIN ME?
Yes, your family can join you, as long as:
- You and your family can meet the immigration rules
- You can pay for their visa and travel costs
Make sure that you talk to your recruiter about your immigration circumstances.
For your family to come to the UK, you and your family must meet the minimum income and English language requirements.
The current minimum income requirements to bring in entitled family members are:
- Partner (no children) £18,600
- Partner + 1 child £22,400
- Partner + 2 children £24,800
- Partner + 3 children £27,200
It might take you several years to earn enough to bring your family to the UK.
You'll also need to pay their travel and visa costs. Entry visa costs are changed every April. A visa for 2019/20 costs £1,523 per person.