WHO ARE PROFESSIONALLY QUALIFIED OFFICERS?
If you're working towards your qualification, but hope to bring your skills to the Army once you've finished, you could qualify for a bursary to help fund your study.
You could get up to three lump sum payments (in each of your last 3 years of study), followed by another payment when you finish your initial officer training at Sandhurst.
Doctors & medical students: Join when you're at medical school, after your foundation year 2 or as a qualified GP or consultant
- Medical students can apply for a bursary of £10,000 per year for the last 3 years of study, plus a £45,000 lump sum after completing the PQO course at Sandhurst
- Qualified GPs are offered a Golden Hello of £50,000 when they join
Nurses & student nurses:
- Student nurses are offered a bursary of £5,000 per year for 3 years, plus a lump sum after completing the PQO course at Sandhurst
- Qualified specialist nurses in certain disciplines could also get a Golden Hello of £20,000
Dentists & Dental Students:
- Dental students can access a bursary of £10,000 per year for the last 3 years of study, plus a £45,000 lump sum after completing the PQO course at Sandhurst.
Vets & Veterinary Students:
- Student vets can access a bursary of £5,000 per year for the last 3 years of study, plus a lump sum of £45,000 when they complete the PQO training at Sandhurst.
- You must already be a qualified solicitor or barrister, and have undertaken your 2 year training contract or 1 year pupillage in order to join.
Phyisotherapists, Pharmacists & Clinical Psychologist:
- You must be qualified, have at least 12 months' experience and registered with HCPC to join.
HOW TO APPLY