CAN I REJOIN?
If you're an ex-Regular, who is wanting to join the Army Reserve, there are lots of opportunities for you to bring your skills and experience to your local Reservist unit.
You can rejoin as long as you have:
- Been trained and completed service in last 6 years.
- Medical discharge category of MFD and MLD acceptable.
- Between 18 - 59 (older for some specialist)
As an ex-Regular you can get up to £10,000 on top of the tax-free bounty (paid on meeting your minimum annual commitment) and your Army Reserve salary.
You could get:
- £2,000 on approval by the CO of your Army Reserve unit
- £3,000 after completing your first year full training commitment
- £3,000 after completing your second year full training commitment
- £2,000 after completing your third year full training commitment
To get the financial incentive, you will need
- To have completed at least four years regular service with the rank of Captain or below
- You must have left the Regular Army no more than six years before enlisting in the Army Reserve
- You must have applied for and be capable of employment in a post approved by an Army Reserve unit CO
- You must be Medically Fully Deployable (MFD) or Medically Limited Deployable (MLD)
- You must be under 35 when you apply