Your first visit to Westbury is the 24 hour briefing. Here you'll learn how to prepare yourself for your next visit, as well as being assessed through physical and practical exercises.
The tests are designed to help you, and help us to understand what you need to work on before you reach the Main Board.
This video will give you a taster of what it's like to attend the briefing.
When your Candidate Support Manager thinks you're ready, you'll be invited back to Westbury for a 3 1/2 day assessment.
- Planning exercise - a test of conceptual problem solving delivered through a written solution and a group discussion
- Command task - Outdoor activities where you'll take turns to lead the group
- Obstacle course - Take on as many obstacles as you can within a time limit
- Lecture - Give a 5 minute talk and take answers from the group
- Evening - Team dinner. You're already forming friendships that will last a lifetime
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Research and understand which part of the Army you want to serve in
- Use the Army Fit app to check your fitness - and make sure you can easily meet the fitness standards required
- Be aware of current affairs, especially any about society or defence
- Be yourself, and enjoy the experience