I LOVE WORKING WITH DOGS AND HORSES
THIS GIVES ME A HUGE MORALE BOOST AND THE JOB SATISFACTION I CRAVE.
Training For The Role
You'll start with your initial military training which will teach you how to be a soldier - this will cover everything from fieldcraft to how to handle a rifle. Your initial training will be at either Pirbright or Winchester and last for 14 weeks.
You will then be posted into the Defence Animal Training Regiment at Melton Mowbray where you will complete a Transition to Military Practice course and the Patrol Dog Handler course.You'll then progress to your trade training at the Defence Animal Centre at Melton Mowbray. You'll learn veterinary nursing skills, military-dog-handling skills and how to manage veterinary equipment.
- Level 2 in both Maths and English with at least one science
- Attend a college-based study for a minimum of 22 weeks over the period of training before exams are sat – usually every 2 years. The college must be approved by the RCVS.
- Complete a minimum of 60 full time weeks of practical experience attached to s RCVS registered training practice.
- Must be a qualified Veterinary Nurse and registered with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Mid Thigh Pull 46kg
- Medicine Ball Throw 3.1m
- 2km run 11m 15s (11m 30s for Junior Entry)