FROM PEACEKEEPING TO PUBLIC EVENTS, LIFE IN THE GUARDS IS FAR FROM DULL.
"I WANTED TO LEAD GUARDSMEN IN COMBAT - THEY'RE FIT, PROFESSIONAL AND DETERMINED TO SUCCEED."
Training For The Role
Once you have passed the Army Officer Selection Board, you will begin 44 weeks of training at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. The training cover military, practical and academic subjects. While it is mentally ad physically demanding, there is plenty of time set aside for sport and adventurous training and leave.
Once you have completed the Commissioning Course at Sandhurst, you will go on to the 16 week Infantry Platoon Commanders Battle Course in Brecon, Wales. This will give you the tactical skills you need to command your platoon on operations.
- 72 UCAS points and 35 ALIS points from 7 GCSEs (including minimum grade C/4 in English, Maths and a Science or foreign language)
- Mid Thigh Pull 76kg
- Medicine Ball Throw 3.1m
- 2km run 10m 15s (multistage fitness test)
Qualifications You Could Get After Training
- Commissioned Officer
- Infantry Platoon Commander Combat Skills
- Skill at Arms Range Management Qualification
- Option of a range of leadership and Strategic Studies
- Option of working towards a Masters Degree
- Option of Adventurous Training Qualifications