THE GUARDS ARE PROVEN IN COMBAT AS LIGHT AND MECHANISED INFANTRY AND TRAIN ACROSS THE WORLD.
"I CHOSE TO BE A GUARD BECAUSE I WANTED TO GO ON OPERATIONS."
Training For The Role
You will be called forward for the 30 week Combat Infantry Course at Catterick. Guards Company instructors will coach you through progressive training in physical fitness, firing weapons, navigation, tactics, survival and driving. If you are 16-17 years and 5 months old, you start at the Army Foundation College Harrogate first, then train at Catterick.
On completion of your initial training in the Guards Company at Catterick, you will move to your Guards battalion. Guards battalions conduct training in UK and in Kenya, Canada and Belize routinely. More concentrated periods of mission specific training prepare Guards battalions for operations abroad.
No formal qualifications needed
- Mid Thigh Pull 76kg
- Medicine Ball Throw 3.1m
- 2km run 10m 15s
Qualifications You Could Get After Training
- Infantry Soldier Combat Skills
- Level 2 Safe Use of Weapons qualification
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Logistics Operations
- HM Forces Apprenticeship (Public Services)
- Institute of Leadership and Management Team Leading
- Adventurous Training Qualifications
Pay and Benefits
HOW TO APPLY
- Learn more about the Infantry