REPAIR ELECTRONICS, LASERS, RADAR, ROBOTICS AND MORE
THE REME HAS GIVEN ME AN EXCELLENT CAREER AND THE QUALIFICATIONS I’VE GAINED AS A TECH ELEC HAVE SET ME UP FOR A PROMISING FUTURE.
Training For The Role
You'll start with your initial military training which will teach you how to be a soldier - this will cover everything from fieldcraft to how to handle a rifle. If you join as a Junior Soldier (under 17 years 5 months), you’ll do a 23-week basic military training course at Harrogate. If you join as a Regular Soldier (over 17 years 1 month), you’ll do the regular 14-week adult basic training.
Then it’s off to the Defence School of Electronic and Mechanical Engineering at MoD Lyneham. Over the next 63 weeks, you learn how to look after, fix, inspect and adapt all kinds of equipment. You will also be taught to drive and gain your licences in Car and HGV.
- Mid Thigh Pull 50kg
- Medicine Ball Throw 3m
- 2km run 11m 30s
- MSFT (beep test) level 6.6
Qualifications You Could Get After Training
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering Manufacture
- Level 3 Diploma in Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electronic Systems Engineering
- Qualifications at different levels, in Leadership and Management
- Opportuinty to gain Car and HGV licenses