TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO A NEW LEVEL
I RECOMMEND THIS JOB TO ANYONE WHO HAS AN INTEREST IN GETTING SOME TOP-CLASS CONSTRUCTION QUALIFICATIONS.
Training For The Role
Your Army Reserve training fits around your day job. First you learn to survive outdoors, fire weapons and lead soldiers.
Step 2You will then be awarded a Military Engineer Infrastructure specialist trade qualification. The level will depend on your qualifications, skills and experience.
- Mid Thigh Pull 118kg
- Medicine Ball Throw 3.1m
- 2km run 10m 45s (11m 30s for Junior Entry)
Qualifications You Could Get After Training
- Chartered Institute of Personnel Development
- Chartered in Institution of Royal Engineers (engineering degree not required) I Eng, Eng Tech
- Chartered Management Institute
- Chartered Engineer (in varying institutions)
- SMSTS, MoR
- Managing Successful Programmes and Risk Management
Pay and Benefits
You'll get paid a day rate according to your rank, starting from £39.34 in training and rising to £50.21 per day once you're a Private. This includes being paid for weekly drill nights. Plus, if you complete all of your annual training days, you're entitled to a tax-free lump sum called a bounty.