Learn the techniques needed for mountain bike journeys, then improve your leadership skills until you reach the level of mountain bike coach.
CANOEING/KAYAKINGOpen Canoeing and Inland, Sea and Surf Kayaking disciplines, in centres both in the UK and overseas.
SKIINGLearn to ski in a range of different disciplines, including downhill, Nordic and ski mountaineering.
CAVINGTrain both in the UK and overseas, and gain skills to explore both non-vertical and vertical systems.
MOUNTAINEERINGLearn how to operate in mountainous terrain safely all year round, including abseiling and rock climbing. Progress from beginner to instructor.
OFFSHORE SAILINGBecome a confident sailor, with the shore-based and on-board sailing courses.
RECENT EXPEDITIONS INCLUDE
WHY IS SPORT SO IMPORTANT?
Sport is a great way to help individuals develop, and it also benefits the Army. As a member of the Army, you'll be encouraged to take part.
- Good health, personal fitness and physical development
- Great for your mental health and helps you to deal with stress
- Team work, and a sense of belonging
- Co-ordination, determination, confidence and motivation
- Courage and character building
- Leadership qualities