What can you do?
Whether you're passionate about rugby, or fancy giving power lifting a try, the Army encourages soldiers and officers to take part in sporting activities. There are opportunities for you to take part at every level. You'll be supported every step of the way to meeting your potential - whether that's playing for your regiment or representing your country at an elite level.
There are a huge range of sports on offer, so you should be able to find the right activity for you.
Army Sports A-MAngling, Archery, Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Boxing, Canoeing, Climbing, Cricket, Cycling, Equitation, Fencing, Football, Gliding, Golf, Hockey, Ice Hockey, Judo, Kabaddi, Lacrosse, Lawn tennis, Martial Arts, Motor Sports, Mountaineering
WHY IS SPORT SO IMPORTANT?
Sport is a great way to help individuals develop, and it also benefits the Army. As a member of the Army, you'll be encouraged to take part.
- Good health, personal fitness and physical development
- Great for your mental health and helps you to deal with stress
- Team work, and a sense of belonging
- Co-ordination, determination, confidence and motivation
- Courage and character building
- Leadership qualities