OPPORTUNITIES IN THE ARMY
We asked a group of serving soldiers and officers about their time in the Army - and about the opportunities that they've had that their civilian friends haven't had the chance to enjoy - and certainly not as part of their day jobs...
Current rates of pay for soldiers just starting out in these ranks are:
- Recruits (in initial training); £16,844 a year
- Private: £21,424 a year
- Lance Corporal: £28,351 a year
- Corporal: £33,065 a year
- Sergeant: £37,198 a year
You can find specific pay details for each role on rolefinder.
- Officer cadets (at Sandhurst): £28,861 per annum
- 2nd Lieutenant: £34,690 per annum
- Lieutenant: £35,908 per annum
- Captain: £44,457 per annum
- Major: £55,999 per annum