OPPORTUNITIES IN THE ARMY
We asked a group of serving soldiers and officers about their time in the Army - and about the opportunities that they've had that their civilian friends haven't had the chance to enjoy - and certainly not as part of their day jobs...
Current rates of pay for soldiers just starting out in these ranks are:
- Recruits (in initial training); £15,985 a year
- Private: £20,400 a year
- Lance Corporal: £27,326 a year
- Corporal: £31,869 a year
- Sergeant: £35,853 a year
You can find specific pay details for each role on rolefinder.
- Officer cadets (at Sandhurst): £27,818 per annum
- 2nd Lieutenant: £33,426 per annum
- Lieutenant: £34,610 per annum
- Captain: £42,849 per annum
- Major: £53,975 per annum